Sunday, February 3, 2008

stuff and stuff

Have I told you about Kate Bryan?
It's her birthday today.
She sent the sweetest, lovliest package the other day. A splash of sunshine on an otherwise grey and drizzly day. It contained a much needed (and entirely perfect) tea cup. A girl who knows my heart.
But that's Kate. She is a splash of sunshine. Always. Beautiful. She's the kind of girl that will hold your head while you puke. She can make quilts and killer chocolate chip cookies. Her perspective is always unique and refreshing, and if your acting like a weiner, she will tell you so. A soulmate through and through.

It's awlays humbling to recieve gifts that are nicer than you deserve.

My boss who is a footbag champion, is awesome. He was showing me videos of footbag comps (and such). I love the total lack of irony. I love that he just really likes it and makes shoes and footbags and puts on competitions in Germany. Rad.
Not that I'm about to take up hacky-sack anytimes soon.
He also gives me plenty of German language tips. Zweibeln (onion) is actually pronouced as tsveebelle (i think)

Potsdamer Platz is full of restaurants with names like: Andy's Diner and Bar.
And happy hour cocktails are still 6 euros. Weird.

10 THINGS I LIKE TODAY:
1) double decker buses
2) new cell phone plans
3) paycheques
4) tulips
5) cheeses
6) churchbells
7) the word "emerge"
8) the bathtub at our house (it's nice and long and deep)
9) freshly shaved legs
10)that line in that Bob Dylan song, "the sun is not yellow it is chicken"

1 comment:

Amy.E said...

I'm glad you can now say onion in german. Now, what is the word for papaya?