Thursday, January 31, 2008

birds and brains

I'm not sure why it is that I like to come to Dunkin' Donuts to update my blog. Maybe it seems less personal, and I feel more at ease.
Today there is a little bird flying around in here. I wonder if it's scared. It seems okay, but we always worry about the trapped birds. At least we always did at JJ Bean when I worked there. Silly birds for flying so willingly into closed cafes without planning an escape.
I guess sometimes we're all a little bird-brained.
I've been sick again. This time it was all about the coughing, and the coughing, and the coughing. I had a little fever at the end, and that seemed to end it. A total drag.
Being sick has affected my optimism a little in that it's not as high as it was a few days ago. I guess it's pretty easy to get discouraged. It's pretty easy to feel jealous.
I am disappointed that the two nanny jobs I interviewed for haven't gotten returned emails, or called when they said they would. The best I can do is pluck up and try again. It's just now there is an edge of doubt, and doubt is a total bummer. For real.
Otherwise, things are still rad. My bike is sweet.
Sorry about the lack of pictures, guys. I lack the capabilities at the moment. Someday, Nicole, you will see a picure of me and my sweet bike.
My cousin Amy is having a baby! Three cheers for Amy!
(I love three cheers-ing people)

2 comments:

Amy.E said...

The 3-cheers went right to my heart! Thanks! I hope you are feeling much better soon and wish I could mail you some chicken noodle soup. I'll have to think of something that travels better.

nicole said...

chin up baby cakes. xoxo don't forget to visit us in Prague.