Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I am at dunkin´ donuts in Potsdamer Platz. There is an Easy Internet here. It kind of smells like poo and they are playing early millenium dance music, including "The Thong Song" by Sisko...or however he spells his name. It costs twice the amount the intenet place by my house charges. I just wanted to kill some time. It`s nice to feel sort invisible here...or something.
So I got a job.
It`s at this place called Ron Telesky`s. A Canadian pizza joint. It will do for now. My first shift is tomorrow, and I must somehow speak German to the customers. I have tried to practise phrases, but my pronouciation is attrocious. I am prepared to be humiliated. That´s okay. I´m not so good even in English. As long as I don´t have customers asking me why I´m always somean to them, all will be just fine.
My cold ssslllooowwwwlllyyy getting better, but it´s been a real doozy, i tell you.
I got my first piece of mail today...it´s from the bank. cool.
The spell check function is not working...oh geez.
I wrote some letters.
Started an idea for a story.
Walked around.
Tried to cheer up some boys.
Met Agata for coffee. Love that girl. So excited that she´s here.
We mostly just watch movies. It´s january. this is what you do!
Someday I will post some pictures...once i figure all of this out...which may or may not happen soon.
I think I´m too coffee-ed right now, and little scattered. Perhaps, in the words of Dave Coulier, I ought to; "cut it out." But it´s europe! And it´s coffee! And i like it!
Wouldn´t it be cool if there was such thing as warp travel, and you could come here right now and we could go for a drink? Or we could meet up in Tokyo for sushi. I really want sushi.
I don´t really have much more to say tonight, except for one more thing: I hope all your dreams come true.
send mail.
for real.

3 comments:

Amy.E said...

Cousin: your blog is not boring. I don't think that anything you touch could possibly be boring.

Congratulations on the job!

Madame Bluestocking said...

I would send you some sushi, but I don't think it would keep well in the mail. You could look at it, but I wouldn't eat it if I were you.
Please write that story. As I have said in my blog, your blog is not nearly enough words in a row, and always leaves me wanting more Wendy. I suppose that's better than writing too much and leaving someone wanting less. But that would have to be a hell of a lot of Wendy, I think.

Becky said...

Tokyo being the only non-North American place I've been, and Berlin being the next place I want to go, that sounds like the perfect trip for me.