Sunday, March 2, 2008

sunday morning walk

Just this morning I was out walking with Old Man Winter. The sky was grey, and the wind was sharp. As we walked past Anhalter Bahnhof, I saw a bunch of people playing soccer, and I noticed how nice it sounds. It sounds like fun, it sounds like friends, it sound like spring.
Just then the wind picked up, and I began to shiver.
Winter looked at me as he said, "SPRING? WHAT SPRING? THERE IS NO SPRING!"
I pulled my scarf in a little tighter and I glared at him.
"You know Winter, you can be a real asshole sometimes."
He chuckled and said, "SO CAN YOU." Then he laughed some more.
Then he started to howl.
Then it began to rain.
That's when I decided to take the train to work.

1 comment:

Madame Bluestocking said...

I love this. I read it out loud to my husband, but he's not good with metaphors, so he didn't get it.