Wednesday, March 12, 2008

wind beneath my wings

It's my birthday tomorrow.
I've never really liked my birthday time too much.
we're having hamburgers, and you're all invited. Please come.
Today the weather has been a little manic a la Calgary weather.
I just finished watching the movie Beaches. I cried again. It's not as good as it used to be, but I think I love it or other reasons. The soundtrack was a major part of my pre-teen years. So good...kinda.
The other day M and A and I went on a drive through the country. It was a perfect Sunday afternoon type thing. I really love to get out of the city for a while. We saw little castles and tiny towns with roads too narrow for cars. We poked our head into one of the palaces at Potsdam. The place got terribly run down while the DDR was in power. I guess this is how ruins start. They are still restoring it, but it looks super old and broken in parts. It was fun to drive around and be surrounded by trees.
We also saw some real skinheads. They were scary, and totally put a damper on the day. It's weird how powerless you feel in the face of that kind of fear. It opened up an interesting discussion for the ride home. Intetresting discussions always make me feel closer to the people I'm having them with.
Things are still Okay at Ron's. I bought a book to help with German...we'll see how that goes. I taught my boss how to drink whiskey with ginger ale...always nice. I am sick of pizza. Crazy, right?
My darling sweet Nelly has bought a ticket for me to see Dolly Parton at Radio City Music Hall in New York City! All I have to do is get there. (my birthday is tomorrow) Dolly Parton in NYC! (my birthday is tomorrow) I really want to go (my birthday is tomorrow). There are a few complications, but most complications can be ironed out. I am willing to make huge sacrifices to get there. But my birthday is tomorrow, so maybe my sacrifices won't have to be so huge.
Subtlety has always been my strong suit. Have you noticed how mysterious I can be? Like the wind.

1 comment:

nicole said...

when is Dolly in NYC birthday girl?