Thursday, April 24, 2008

shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yo shimmy yay

It's been a long week. Full of head aches and annoyances and anxieties. I haven't been the biggest fan of Germany this week. We all have these weeks. We all have emotional reactions.
Mine happened tonight as I was watching the last episode of Skins. Big baby tears. Sometimes it's nice to cry at nothing when the little somethings pile up.
Now I'm all snotty.
It's funny how we react to spring the same way every year. Four days of sun and everything bursts into color. It surprises me every spring.
My feet have returned to their normal color. Tanned, but just on top. Brown feet white legs, that's me.
I've been spending times in different neighborhoods. Mild exploring into the west where the money and fancy cars are. The areas I usually see are full of young people, turkish people, and tourists. West Berlin seems all white with a lot of old people (in comparison) It seems more solid, and less likely to change. It's nice to see new neighborhoods. It's nice to actually be in a a neighborhood. Anhalter/Potsdamer Platz, is not neighborhoody. However, it is nice to be so close to the big park. We spent all day in there yesterday, lying on the grass and picnicking. Could hardly tell we were in the middle of Berlin.

A List of Good Stuff:
-Nutella
-Skins
-The way the path along the canal smells all sweet and warm and peppery from the kernels fallen from the poplar buds.
-Blossoms.
-5 Euro Rayban Wayfarer knock-offs at the C&A. (the german Primark)
-Travel Scrabble
-My bosses at Ron Telesky's
-This new white tea and pear flavoured drink.
-Letters in my mailbox
-Finding ways to fill a day on the least amount of money possible. ("You, me and five bucks")

I'm tired...

No comments: